Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
 

Archived Thread

Mock Draft Tracker on Giants.com

ZogZerg : 2/11/2018 11:57 am
I know this has been posted in past years, not sure if it has been posted this year. Giants.com keeps track of the Giants mock draft pick from a number of draft sites that have Mock drafts.

This one was last updated on Feb 6.

Right now it has 10 different mock draft sites/people listed.

6 pick Rosen
3 pick Barkley
1 pick for Darnold


This a nice summary of what folks are thinking at this point.





Mock Draft Tracker: Experts update Giants' pick - ( New Window )
Most of them probably have Darnold going to Cleveland  
Ira : 2/11/2018 12:34 pm : link
.
If Darnold goes #1  
Stu11 : 2/11/2018 12:39 pm : link
and the Giants are not going to take Barkley at #2 I think they have to do everything in their power to convince Cleveland they are going to take him. Get Cleveland's 2nd rounder this year or next year's #1 to have them move up from 4 to 2. Chance are good we still end up with Josh Rosen unless someone trades up with Indy in which case we can take Chubb and end up with maybe the top guy in the draft if we don't like the other QB's enough.
Move to 4  
PaulN : 2/11/2018 12:51 pm : link
Gets you 2, 2nd rounders, and they have them.
RE: If Darnold goes #1  
Zepp : 2/11/2018 1:09 pm : link
In comment 13829093 Stu11 said:
Quote:
and the Giants are not going to take Barkley at #2 I think they have to do everything in their power to convince Cleveland they are going to take him. Get Cleveland's 2nd rounder this year or next year's #1 to have them move up from 4 to 2. Chance are good we still end up with Josh Rosen unless someone trades up with Indy in which case we can take Chubb and end up with maybe the top guy in the draft if we don't like the other QB's enough.


Absolutely. If you're gonna pass on Barkley, which I strongly object to, at the very least make Cleveland pay for it.
I'm not moving off of #2 overall for less than next years #1...  
Torrag : 2/11/2018 1:51 pm : link
...from anyone. Even the Colts at #3. That's the value of the pick at a minimum. So pay it or we take the BPA.
RE: Move to 4  
Gatorade Dunk : 2/11/2018 2:00 pm : link
In comment 13829102 PaulN said:
Quote:
Gets you 2, 2nd rounders, and they have them.

People act like trading picks is the same as getting change at the register.

Trading back to 4 gets you whatever Cleveland offers, and it almost definitely won't be full price if they already selected a QB, because that's what drives up the price.
Can someone give an example of a trade down that worked  
twostepgiants : 2/11/2018 2:22 pm : link
A recent example in say the last 15 years. At least since 2000. Of a team that really built up with this “Kings Ransom” trade down that I keep reading about.
If Rosen  
Giantfootball025 : 2/11/2018 2:47 pm : link
is the guy and the Giants want to gamble. A fair trade would be the 4th pick, the 33rd pick, and next years #2. It's a trade if I'm the Giants I'd really consider making if offered. But, If I'm Cle I don't think I'd offer that knowing how deep the RB class is.
RE: If Rosen  
GFAN52 : 2/11/2018 2:52 pm : link
In comment 13829183 Giantfootball025 said:
Quote:
is the guy and the Giants want to gamble. A fair trade would be the 4th pick, the 33rd pick, and next years #2. It's a trade if I'm the Giants I'd really consider making if offered. But, If I'm Cle I don't think I'd offer that knowing how deep the RB class is.


They could also go defense with Bradley Chubb or Minkah Fitzpatrick. I really don't see them trading down.
RE: RE: If Rosen  
GFAN52 : 2/11/2018 2:53 pm : link
In comment 13829187 GFAN52 said:
Quote:
In comment 13829183 Giantfootball025 said:


Quote:


is the guy and the Giants want to gamble. A fair trade would be the 4th pick, the 33rd pick, and next years #2. It's a trade if I'm the Giants I'd really consider making if offered. But, If I'm Cle I don't think I'd offer that knowing how deep the RB class is.



They could also go defense with Bradley Chubb or Minkah Fitzpatrick. I really don't see them trading down.


Meant trading up.
RE: If Rosen  
ajr2456 : 2/11/2018 3:14 pm : link
In comment 13829183 Giantfootball025 said:
Quote:
is the guy and the Giants want to gamble. A fair trade would be the 4th pick, the 33rd pick, and next years #2. It's a trade if I'm the Giants I'd really consider making if offered. But, If I'm Cle I don't think I'd offer that knowing how deep the RB class is.


If Rosen is your guy you don’t gamble
RE: RE: If Rosen  
Gatorade Dunk : 2/11/2018 6:17 pm : link
In comment 13829195 ajr2456 said:
Quote:
In comment 13829183 Giantfootball025 said:


Quote:


is the guy and the Giants want to gamble. A fair trade would be the 4th pick, the 33rd pick, and next years #2. It's a trade if I'm the Giants I'd really consider making if offered. But, If I'm Cle I don't think I'd offer that knowing how deep the RB class is.



If Rosen is your guy you don’t gamble

Certainly not more than you're already gambling by having Rosen be your guy.
Trading with Cleveland  
Rjanyg : 2/12/2018 7:44 am : link
Is dependent upon 2 things: Cleveland takes the QB NYG thinks is worth the second pick and NYG thinks the player that is number 2 on their board is gonna be there at pick 4.

Gettlemen had admitted he likes trading and moving around during the draft in order to get the players he wants. Carolina had the fewest draft picks over the last 4 years with a good deal of success.

If Cleveland wants Barkley and Darnold then then they either take their chances that NYG or Colts pass on Barkley or they guarantee that they get their guys. Cleveland has 3 2nd round picks so trading up won't keep them from picking early on day 2.

I think we have to look at 2 scenarios:

1: NYG will be taking either Darnold or Rosen and pick the heir apparent to Eli

Or

2: NYG is going to try and rebuild this roster starting with adding Barkley or the best OL player
RE: Trading with Cleveland  
Gatorade Dunk : 2/12/2018 8:47 am : link
In comment 13829589 Rjanyg said:
Quote:
Is dependent upon 2 things: Cleveland takes the QB NYG thinks is worth the second pick and NYG thinks the player that is number 2 on their board is gonna be there at pick 4.

Gettlemen had admitted he likes trading and moving around during the draft in order to get the players he wants. Carolina had the fewest draft picks over the last 4 years with a good deal of success.

If Cleveland wants Barkley and Darnold then then they either take their chances that NYG or Colts pass on Barkley or they guarantee that they get their guys. Cleveland has 3 2nd round picks so trading up won't keep them from picking early on day 2.

I think we have to look at 2 scenarios:

1: NYG will be taking either Darnold or Rosen and pick the heir apparent to Eli

Or

2: NYG is going to try and rebuild this roster starting with adding Barkley or the best OL player

Bradley Chubb will be very much in the discussion if the Giants opt to not go QB at #2, IMO.
RE: RE: Trading with Cleveland  
Rjanyg : 2/12/2018 10:59 am : link
In comment 13829623 Gatorade Dunk said:
Quote:
In comment 13829589 Rjanyg said:


Quote:


Is dependent upon 2 things: Cleveland takes the QB NYG thinks is worth the second pick and NYG thinks the player that is number 2 on their board is gonna be there at pick 4.

Gettlemen had admitted he likes trading and moving around during the draft in order to get the players he wants. Carolina had the fewest draft picks over the last 4 years with a good deal of success.

If Cleveland wants Barkley and Darnold then then they either take their chances that NYG or Colts pass on Barkley or they guarantee that they get their guys. Cleveland has 3 2nd round picks so trading up won't keep them from picking early on day 2.

I think we have to look at 2 scenarios:

1: NYG will be taking either Darnold or Rosen and pick the heir apparent to Eli

Or

2: NYG is going to try and rebuild this roster starting with adding Barkley or the best OL player


Bradley Chubb will be very much in the discussion if the Giants opt to not go QB at #2, IMO.


Yes I agree this is a possibility, Good pass rushers are hard to find and Chubb is an excellent 2 way DE. Not sure what scheme NYG will be running though and if they go to a hybrid 3-4 scheme they will need several LB's so investing in a 4-3 DE with Vernon, JP, Moss, Okwara on the team seems unlikely. That is unless they stay with the 4-3 then I think he would be an excellent choice.
Back to the Corner